Seminar conducted by Sensei Eduardo Salas 9 DAN (Peru)
As a part of the celebration of “2018 – The Year of Sensei Hidetaka Nishiyama’s Legacy”, all WTKF Member Federations organize tournaments, seminars and training sessions dedicated to the memory of Sensei Nishiyama.
In Poland, another event that will take place as a part of celebration of “The Year of Sensei Nishiyama’s Legacy” is the International Traditional Karate-do Seminar, which will be conducted by Sensei Eduardo Salas 9 DAN (Peru).
Eduardo Salas is a special character in the history of traditional karate-do. He has been student, companion and friend of Sensei Nishiyama for more than 20 years.
He participated in ITKF negotiations with the International Olympic Committee (IOC). In 1990, despite the very difficult situation related to the IOC’s activities (boycott attempt), he organized the 1. World Traditional Karate Championships ITKF in Lima (Peru). That tournament was the milestone in the development of traditional karate-do worldwide.
Eduardo Salas is also a key person in the development of traditional karate-do in Latin America. His students were a lot of medallists of the world championships, including Sensei Marcos Moron, who passed away in 2015.
In 1992, after the World Championships in Montreal (Canada), Eduardo Salas took up personal development primarily in the field of Tai Chi Chi Kung, the Chinese art of movement, meditation, practice of cultivating long life and martial arts. These exercises build life energy, activate the life and defense forces of the body, give cheerfulness and agility to the body.
In 2017, he actively supported the organization of the 18. Traditional Karate-do Pan-American Championships, which took place in Lima (Peru). Then he was awarded with 9 DAN by WTKF President – Włodzimierz Kwieciński.
11 – 13 May 2018
Japanese Martial Arts and Sports Centre „Dojo – Stara Wieś“ Address: Stara Wieś 1, 97-570 Przedbórz (Poland)
Traditional Karate Federation of Poland
90-057 Lodz, Sienkiewicza Street 85/87 phone/fax: + 48 42/632-85-79, phone: + 48 42/632-97-59 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org., www.karate.pl
- The seminar is available only for black belts and candidates for exam for master grade with 1 kyu.
- All participants must have valid International Insurance.
- Participants under 18 cannot attend the seminar without an adult carer. TKFP shall not be heldresponsible for taking care of persons under 18.
Friday (May 11)
16:00 – 19:00 Registration to the seminar
17:00 – 18:00 Supper
19:00 – 21:30 1. session: introduction
Saturday (May 12)
8:00 – 9:00 Breakfast
10:00 – 12:30 2. session
13:00 – 14:00 Lunch
15:00 – 17:30 3. session
17:45 – 19:00 Supper
19:00 TKFP General Assembly
Sunday (May 13)
6:00 – 8:00 4. session: conclusion
8:30 – 9:30 Breakfast
* Meals timetable refers only to participants who will purchase meals at the centre.
** Check-out on Sunday (May 13) until 10:00.
BOARD AND ACCOMMODATION OFFER
Japanese Martial Arts and Sports Centre „Dojo – Stara Wies“
OPTION 1 – Board, accommodation and participation fee
This price includes:
- 2-day board and accommodation package from supper on Friday (May 11) until breakfast on Sunday (May 13).
- Participation fee.
There is a possibility to order the special type of diet if you need. It is extra paid – 5 PLN/day.
You should inform us about it during making the reservation and transfer money (details below).
In case of lack of payment we do not guarantee the special type of diet.
- Preliminary reservations including names of participants will be accepted by
20 April 2018 (Friday). Please send your reservation directly to Japanese Martial Arts and Sports Centre Dojo – Stara Wies via e-mail to email@example.com.
- After you receive confirmation about availability of places from the office, please transfer money to the following account until 26 April 2018 (Thursday).
- Payment of the total amount should be transferred to the following account:
Name of beneficiary: Polski Zwiazek Karate Tradycyjnego
Address of beneficiary: 85/87 Sienkiewicza Street, 90-057 Lodz (Poland)
Name of bank: Bank Spoldzielczy w Przedborzu
Address of bank: Mostowa Street 31, 97-570 Przedborz (Poland)
Bank account: PL 71 8988 0001 0000 0017 8930 0001
Title: “Seminar May 2018”
- Number of places at the centre “Dojo – Stara Wieś” is limited. We advise to make your reservation as soon as possible.
- Accommodation at the centre is available only for participants of the seminar.
- The availability of places is determined by the order of applications.
- In case of lack of payment your reservation will be cancelled.
- Do not permit unregistered person(s) to occupy your dormitory overnight. Charges will be attached to registrants of the room in the amount of 300 PLN per unregistered person.
OPTION 2 – Board at the „Dojo-Stara Wieś“ (without accommodation)
Price of meals:
Breakfast 18 PLN
Dinner 28 PLN
Supper 24 PLN
- If you are interested in reserving meals during the seminar please send your reservation on the attached Reservation Form to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org 7 days before the event at the latest.
- Payment for meals will be accepted in cash at the registration.
Board will be guaranteed only for participants who will make reservation in the above term. For others – depending on availability of products.
- In case of any further questions concerning meal reservations and payment for meals please contact directly with Ms. Joanna Górka-Zielińska via e-mail at: email@example.com.
OPTION 3 – participation fee (without accommodation)
300 PLN/person – participation fee shall be paid in cash at the Registration.
EDUARDO SALAS 9 DAN (Peru)
Eduardo Salas is a special character in the history of traditional karate-do. He has been student, companion and friend of Sensei Nishiyama for more than 20 years.Eduardo Salas is also a key person in the development of traditional karate-do in Latin America.
WŁODZIMIERZ KWIECIŃSKI Sensei 8 DAN (Poland)
President of the World Traditional Karate-Do Federation (WTKF), Chairman of the Traditional Karate Federation of Poland (PZKT), Trainer Coach of the National Team of Poland